Cheese, Tomato & Broccoli Muffins
I make these muffins for Bella but if I'm honest she probably gets to eat about 4 out of a batch of 12 while Phil and I consume rest. THEY. ARE. DELISH. I generally only give Bella food that I would eat and these are definitely near the top of the list. I first got the idea of making muffins for Bella from the Ella's kitchen cookbook, but I prefer to use olive oil rather than butter and more cheese is needed! They are handy for lunches out and are a fab way of getting your little one to eat veg if they're a bit on the fussy side.
To make 12:
1 beaten egg
1 broccoli head
A handful of cherry tomatoes
220g plain flour
140g of grated cheddar cheese
170ml of whole milk
15g baking powder
45ml olive oil
You can make with other veg such as sweet corn or grated courgette if you like.
1. Chop up the broccoli and cook until tender (10-15mins)
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin
3. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl
4. Add the baking powder and grated cheese and mix
5. Mash up the broccoli with a fork and stir into the mixture with the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients
6. Make sure everything is well combined well and seperate out into the muffin tray.
7. Cook for 25 - 30 minutes until golden and an inserted knife comes out clean.
Store in the fridge and they will last a few days. I put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds to heat up before eating. They're certainly a hit in our house!